We went after the blackberry vines with every blade we could find today.
Willy and I traded off on the loppers and the brushcutter.
Jim scooped them up and mashed them down with the tractor.
The vines were winning, and my keen sense of color, style and fashion weren't helping at all.
Well, no wonder. Look at the WMD's the blackberry vines were hiding!There's still more barbed wire down there, but we were running out of light before I could yank it all out. I'll get it tomorrow, I swear. I hate that stuff. Please note that our barbed wire isn't well-behaved like Lytha's. Our nasty, rusty, horrible barbed wire has been spending too much time with blackberry vines to coil itself up neatly when it's cut loose from a post. Instead, it flings itself around, trying to grab hold of clothing, skin, or other chunks of barbed wire. Also, it's also the same color as blackberry vines, so it's difficult to see. Sometimes we find it the hard way--by slamming the brushcutter blade into it. Ow.
When it was time to stop giving blood to the blackberry prickles, we spent some time working on Hen Tractors. Jim is working on the Final Project Chicken Tractor, having left the Second Draft unfinished when it became evident that the hens would be too large at maturity to use it.
I was intrigued by the unfinished Second Draft tractor, though, and today I grabbed the staplegun and started sticking chicken wire onto it. After a few minutes watching me, Jim and Willy joined the project, and we finished it just before the rain started:
The world's very first FEMA Chicken Tractor.