In which Fiddle and I take our Not-Quite-the-Last-Ride-for-a-Long-Time

With four full days remaining with my Non-Augmented Skeleton, 
how do I choose to spend my morning?

The wings seemed appropriate for a rare sunny day in February

That was a rhetorical question, obviously.

The Usual Suspects today included Patty, Tim, Dory, and Rosemary
plus their noble steeds too, of course

Fiddle gave my wings the stink eye, but the rest of the horses in our group today are Green Beans, and they gave the wings MUCH more attention, so everyone else opted to fly lower to the ground.  Probably wise.

We started off in a big group, but got separated.

We don't mind sn*w on the trails...much...

No matter.  We practiced separating and reuniting, trotting ahead and catching up.

Rosemary and Griffin are always a joy!

There was no rain, no sn*w (other than the remnants left from last weekend), and even a few rare winter appearances from that bright yellow ball in the sky.

Patty and Tim are Green Bean partners

For an almost-the-final-ride-for-a-long time, it was pretty awesome.

Lineup of the Suspects

Actually, it was completely awesome.

My Dragon took good care of me, even when the Green Bean horses got silly


What a surprise, that spending the morning with my horse and my friends is a good thing.



No?  Not a surprise?

Awww.  

Y'all know me too well.

My hip surgery is scheduled for 9:30am on Monday.
After that, I'm out of the saddle until I can mount up without discomfort
(err, and without narcotics)

It was Good.

(And if the weather holds, I'm going out at least one more time before Monday!)

Comments

  1. You make it sound so awful. It's not going to be awful. You'll be.back in the saddle before you know it. Silly fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your surgery. I'm sure it will all go very well, and you'll be riding again in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and wishing you very happy results from your surgery. Just remember, my 80 year old cowboy buddy was back in the saddle in exactly two months. That's not so long. It will still be spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Blogger ate my comment, but I'm not sure. Hm.

    I'm keeping you in my thoughts. A gal at my barn had her hip replaced this past year and she's back to full steam ahead now - was even riding before she expected to be, I think! Maybe until May you and Fiddle will take up a new career in endurance driving? I'm looking forwards to hearing all about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Blogger ate my comment, but I'm not sure. Hm.

    I'm keeping you in my thoughts. A gal at my barn had her hip replaced this past year and she's back to full steam ahead now - was even riding before she expected to be, I think! Maybe until May you and Fiddle will take up a new career in endurance driving? I'm looking forwards to hearing all about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the surgery - I know you'll be back riding in no time because you've got such an awesome horse and you love to ride:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are going to be a lot folks getting strange looks at work on Monday. What with all the prom dresses and wings being worn in solidarity. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to work 16 horses while I'm wearing a prom dress. The good news is the babies will get sacked out in case someone ever wants to take them to the opera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck tomorrow. Dragon will help you recover, just give her a giant hug, and she'll infuse you with peace. As they say over on COTH, jingling a curb chain for your speedy and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you tomorrow! Its supposed to rain here for the next 10 days at least- you will be back in the saddle in time for our good riding weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck tomorrow! I bet you'll be back in the saddle in no time, if you do what your docs tell you to, and let people help you. (said from recent experience :D)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes for a smooth procedure & fast recovery! You'll be back in the saddle before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought of you yesterday on and off. Enjoy the drugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun ride before your surgery! I wish I had some folks close by with the same interest so we can practice everything you all did.

    I hope your surgery went well! I hear that it is amazing how quick the recovery time is (compared to what we all think it should be). You will have those wings back out before you know it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts