In which I participate in a meme, and invite you to join me

I borrowed questions from this "year end meme" from Dom over at Madcap Escapades (I skipped a bunch of questions that weren't relevent, though).


If you'd like to play along, answer the questions on your own blog or in the comments!


What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before? 
Had surgery, my first ever.  I still have my wisdom teeth, my tonsils, and my appendix.  

My left hip: not so much.
My cane was needful at the beginning of the year.  I don't use it at all anymore!

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? 
I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but my ongoing goal is to have more fun.  In 2014, I started out not having much fun because of the pain thing.  Later in the year, yes, fun, yes yes yes.

The Usual Suspects:  I lurves dey!

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Still waiting patiently (!) for Funder's blessed event.

We are all hoping that her child will inherit Funder's hair

What countries did you visit?  What states?
Canada!  Oregon!

What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014? 
A little more cash would be handy.  Maybe I could finish editing the novel so we could publish it finally?  That might be nice.  

But seriously?  It's just so cool to be able to walk (and ride!) again, I don't care about much else.

What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 
March 3.  
Who knew that surgery would be so amusing?

What was your biggest achievement of the year? 
Riding 50 miles pain-free.
Well, as pain-free as 50 miles gets.

Whose behavior merited celebration? 
Santa and the Usual Suspects.  I couldn't have done anything this year without them. And my mom.

Aren't they adorable?


Where did most of your money go? 
Mortgage.  Horse.  Life.  In that order.

What did you get really, really, really excited about? 
Going back to Renegade--and not being broken.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter?  Fatter.  Sigh.
iii. richer or poorer? About the same.

What do you wish you'd done more of? 
Writing.

What do you wish you'd done less of? 
Taking pain meds.

What was your favorite TV program? 





Where were you when 2014 began? 
Home, asleep.

Who were you with? 
Jim, Luna, Roo, Puzzle

Where will you be when 2014 ends? 
Probably the same!

What was the best book you read?


Contemporary adventure with dragons

What was your greatest musical discovery? 




What did you want and get?
New camera!  I didn't actually want to lose the old camera, but since it did get lost, I needed a replacement so I bought a nicer point-and-shoot than I've ever had.
NOTE TO SELF: do not lose this one.

What did you want and not get?
I can't really think of anything.

What was your favorite film of this year?
My favorite film always:

Twuu Luv


What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went riding.  (Big surprise?  No, not really).  And I wrote a blog post about it.

And so, this is fifty!


How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
There were a lot of pajamas.  And later in the year, a lot of riding breeches, interspersed with my librarian costume.

Who were the best new people you met?
Well, I re-met up with an old friend:  Rosemary!




Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014:
Let. Friends. Help.  Dammit.




What are your plans for 2015?
Think I might ride my horse some.

And maybe write some stuff.

Might read a book or two.

And then I might go riding again.


Comments

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts