In which we have no figgy pudding yet, but we are working on it

Please note the number of horses working in the arena...
...and my Dragon is working right in the middle of them!

I won't say that Fiddle's "body space" issues are completely fixed, but she (and I) are
much more comfortable in crowds these days.


"yes Dragon, that is a Baby Horse."    I now say that about all horses, even Dar (age 26ish)

The weather was wet and blowish, so the Usual Suspects all headed for high ground in the covered arena at Fish Creek to work on our Issues.

My Issue is, of course, my back/shoulders/posture/balance.

My stirrups are now three holes longer than they were before surgery.

Patty is also making progress on her lower leg position.

Much improved!


Everyone was there, doing their own stuff.


Patty and Dar, Betsey and Hana

"But what about the figgy pudding?"

We don't have any figgy pudding.  But we now have fig trees!

My friend Rick's dad has been tending to the parent of these trees since before Rick or I was born.


Fig trees want lots of light, and some support against the wind, so we pounded in some stakes and dug some holes.

the surveyor's tape kept us (mostly) in line

soil on this part of the property is clay + rock


Marginal soil needs amending to nurture baby trees!  So we added some.


We pulled out some "enhanced soil" from the garden. 
Less than a year ago, this beautiful dirt was manure balls + stall bedding

Angus surveys the Fish Creek Garden--please note that the "dirt" nearest the camera
 is fresh manure from the stalls.  It will be beautiful soil by Spring.

Sometimes I wonder why we bother putting on clean clothes on barn days

Angus and Patty admire our line of new fig trees.
The flagging tape will (hopefully) keep lawnmowers away from the plants!


We figure it may take a few years, but eventually we will have FIGGY PUDDING at Fish Creek!

Comments

Popular Posts