In which inclement weather leads to Draconic Games of Hide and Seek

I wouldn't mind this stuff if it only lasted for a day or two.

It is pretty, after all


I was stuck at home anyhow with a nasty sore throat and cough, so it's not like I would have been at work yesterday.





But today, my throat is less sore, and I can talk for a whole sentence without needing a cough drop.




Jim spent the last two days adding two new awesome accessories to Yolanda:  a plow blade on the front, and a salt spreader on the back!


He cleared the driveway in about 30 minutes.  It would take several hours to dig out by hand.

But, there's nowhere to go.

View from the back door of the house

My libraries opened late and closed early--and will probably do the same for this whole week, if they don't close entirely.  

Roo loves having plowed paths in the back yard!

And, just look at the forecast for our neighborhood:

bahhhhh.


The Dragon doesn't approve of all this white stuff on top of her food.  She rampaged, as usual.













After the Rampage, I trekked into the alder thicket in the pasture to look around.


The thicket is getting thicker



The Dragon doesn't approve of me "hiding" in the alder thicket.


"Come out here and feed me!"

I can wiggle through places where she can't fit.


"I do not approve of this."

"If you get stuck down here, don't say I didn't warn you."

"If you get stuck back here, who will feed me?"

"Now I have found you, pay up with cookies."

Of course there were cookies in my pocket.  Would I dare wander into the Dragon's domain without tribute?  So, she had some cookies.

And then, it was time for lunch.

"Foooooooooooood!"

Comments

  1. omg you can actually see the color of your horse's blanket. i miss that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts