In which Hallowe'en costumes are cute, cunning, and just slightly silly



I took an afternoon last week to get everybody dressed up in their Hallowe'en outfits so I could get pictures to share!

The goats, of course, already had their fashion show in an earlier post.

The dogs were next.


Mimsy would rather be chasing chickens, which is Strictly Not Allowed.

It's difficult enough for Mim to hold still for a photo, but sitting still while wearing WINGS was really a challenge!

Luna likes to have her photo taken. She also likes to wear pretty outfits.
Luna is the girly-girl my mom wanted me to be. I guess sometimes it skips a generation.

Hana is another one who enjoys dress-up days.

She will wear just about any crazy thing we can hang on her, tie on her, or attach to her tack.
I guess her edition of the Arabian Horse Handbook of Stuff to Spook At was missing Chapter Thirteen: Weird Tack.



Instead, she enjoys all the attention. I'm pretty sure there's a chapter about that in the Handbook someplace, right?

Sometimes it's more difficult to get Jim to wear a costume than it is to get the animals in costume.

For a nice reversal on my classic horse-is-pirate/rider-is-parrot,

I plunked a pirate hat on Jim's head just before snapping the picture. Don't they look cute together?
Fiddle usually wears the pirate gear, so this year I tried something new:
Fee doesn't mind wearing costumes. She figures that if I'm dressing her up and posing her for photos, there will be remuneration.

Although I didn't actually have a cookie in my hand at any point during the dress-up sessions, she kept doing her tricks so that I'd feel guilty and go get her a treat.

Well, heck. Hallowe'en is all about trick or treating, right?

I ran to the barn and got her a cookie. Goooooood girl!

Life is good.

Comments

  1. Love the parrot costume. I usually only hassle my guys once a year for their annual Christmas silliness. My goodness, that's just around the corner, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah Fry: ugh, don't remind me about December. I try to avoid thinking about it as long as possible!!!

    I'm eager to see your Xmas silliness, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aarene, my christmas lights are UP,! as of yesterday! (well, there is no thanksgiving here, so i cannot use that as an acceptable decoration date.)

    when my man got home from work yesterday, before saying hello to me he yanked out the cords on each window. he does not want me being christmassy this early! the first thing he said was, "i did not recognize our house, that is why i am late."

    i love christmas lights!

    ~lytha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts