In which Roo doesn't mind quarantine, as long as there is lots of food

lytha published a video of Mag's breakfast joy
which reminded me to capture Roo's food-dance on video.




Roo does her circles before every meal.  She will also do them if she expects a cookie for some reason.

Roo likes cookies so much!

Here's an old video of Roo and Luna (with a cameo from Puzzle the cat) showing how enthusiastically they get in their crates (and earn a cookie upon arrival) when the people are getting ready to leave the house.



Really, it's all about the cookies for Roo.


Myself, I was in a scone mood this weekend.

whole wheat scones, with blueberries and dried cherries.

I've been baking bread, of course--that's one of my long-standing strategies for stressful times, dating back to Desert Storm I (yes, I am that old). 

my latest experiment:  adding sourdough starter to a regular yeast dough. 
This loaf also featured pepitas and sunflower seeds.


And, on those few days when the sun doesn't shine much, soup goes on the menu.

My mom's carrot-cauliflower soup, with ginger and dill. 
Mom makes it the same way every time, but I tend to go off-trail with the recipe
This batch also included yams and butternut squash.

The garden is sprouting and spreading like crazy.  The tomatoes now sleep in the greenhouse at night (the lights are on in there to keep things cozy),

Tomato seedlings...I will be giving most of these away.


the trees in the orchard and the yard are blooming

Pickles Marie's tree


rhubarb is always one of our earliest harvests

the spinach has sprouted, and I have even run the sprinkler once! 

You might even say that it's springtime on the farm...and not a moment too soon.

Comments

  1. Running the sprinkler every other day here : ( I LOLd at Roo after a minute in, almost cried. Why no barking? How is the carpet holding up?

    I harvested lettuce for the first time today, 3 types. They all taste exactly the same to me with my American Ranch dressing (that my mom mails me regularly). Soon I'll be giving it away cuz I planted too much. The thing is, will people accept it in pandemic-times? I'll wait a bit.

    My 4 precious windowsill zucchini sprouts are doing well. Grow, my precious ones!

    Still no rain. J said 72 looks like a Steppe. Without grass. Did I mention he wrote actual words into the dust on Mag's coat? "Ich liebe dich." And on yellow Birch pollen covered Prius, "PIG" which must be the German equivalent of "wash me." (And I did.) I said he should have written wash me on the horse! No use, so irrelevant.

    Rhubarb is early? I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts