In which we introduce the new kid and he doesn't tell us his name

His name isn't Pancake. 


Nope, that isn't my name.

He isn't Homer, or Smee, or Gatsby or Katniss.

Definitely not Katniss


He isn't Phineas, or Ichabod or Mowgli.


Nope, nope, nope.


He isn't Pixel, or Gimli.


Not even close.

He is not Aslan, not that we ever thought he was.


If you guess my name, I'll give your left hand back...eventually...

Is it Skimbleshanks?

Nope. 


Are you Pluto?  or Mackerel?


Getting colder.


Mehitabel?  Midnight Louie?  Mogget?

Rum Tum Tugger or Rumpleteaser?


Wait.  What did you say?

Rumple...

Soooo close!


Rumple...


That's me!


Rumplecatskin


also known as RumTumTummy, Why is the Rum Gone, and RumbleTiger.

And a bunch of other silly things.

BACKGROUND:
After Puzzle died last winter, we knew we needed to take a break from cats.  He was such a special kitty that nobody would be able to step into his place immediately.

Esmeralda is still here, of course, but she doesn't come in the house.  She is a terrific mouse and rat-catching cat, and we need her skills in the barn.

But lately, we've been kinda looking around.  I even tagged a friend who works at the animal shelter, asking for her to look out for a bold tabby person who might fit into our weird little household.

Then, a few days ago, Monica sent me this:

Abandoned at a friend's house in town,.  The friend already has 5 cats!

I was working all day, but Jim detoured over to the art studio where Monica and the kitty were hanging out together.


They sent me this photo, captioned "apparently we have a cat."

And later in the day, they sent me this picture:

A cat!  In our house!

It's been long enough.  We've missed having a kitty.

Welcome Rumpletiger.

Suddenly my computer has several new files titled "6534erddfgfgfghhj"




Comments

  1. Wonderful pictures! Looks like he is where he is supposed to be.
    best,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that name, as I do everything you name.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts