In which Ella Fitzgerald might or might not approve of this blog post

I Got Ribbons : a song for the trail crew
(with apologies to George and Ira Gershwin)




I got ribbons,



I got chainsaws,


I got hand tools


Who could ask for anything more?

I've got sunscreen on my shoulders



I've got trail crew


Who could ask for anything more?



Old man trouble I don't mind him,  he won’t hang ‘round my tent door


I got pie plates




I got sharpies


I got my trails




Who could ask for anything more?



Oh, I got ribbons



I got clothespins



I got trail posts through green elk pastures




I got quads and


I got hammers


I got trail crew

Who could ask for anything more?

Comments

  1. It's YOUR FAULT, Aarene, that I've just sung show tunes the entire time I did evening chores! Curses on you! ]-0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular posts from this blog

In which the days wane and I'm looking for new imaginary friends

In which we return to Santa Camp, and there are many jolly folk

In which it's NaNoWriMo, and I'm writing a murder mystery