In which we're packing for a (non-horse) road trip, so here's a video

A few months ago, Santa Jim asked (very sweetly) if we might go camping 
without the horse this summer.


As focused as I am on riding this season (while I still can*), I cannot say "no" to that good man**

So, we're packing the rig*** to go down to a non-smokey part of the state for a camping weekend with the two younger dogs**** and without the Dragon*****

Here's some video I took on the trail today.  Please note that I hold onto the camera with both hands while shooting video (yes, I know, I need a GoPro!******) so the Dragon is making all the choices as we trot up this trail.

Enjoy.  I'll meet y'all back here next week.



*   My organic hip has not fallen apart yet.  I got an injection 2 weeks ago that is helping...some...

**  Could you say "no" to Santa?  Me neither.

***  The truck is never completely unpacked during ride season.  We take out our laundry and the food in the cooler.  Everything else lives in the truck until November.

****   Luna will stay home with Monica.  I think they plan to stay up all night giggling while I'm gone.

*****  There will be a Dragon.  Just not MY Dragon.  I can't wait to get pictures!

******  I heard a rumor that Santa Claus reads this blog.  I hope it's true.

Comments

  1. Lovely trail and VERY smooth video! Are you sitting the trot? Rising? Or is she pacing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular posts from this blog

In which we are all on borrowed time, and Puzzle stays another day

In which Foxie Loxie is a weird little dog, and he gets a grip

In which NaNoWriMo continues and there's a small clue here somewhere