In which history doesn't repeat itself, but sometimes it can rhyme

My phone pinged with a text from Megan:
"Come hiking with Will and me next weekend.  Boulder River."


The weather would undoubtedly be too dreadful to ride, which meant a hiking trailhead would (probably) not be crowded--so, off we went.


2021 Foxie Loxie and me
 

I honestly can't remember the last time I walked this trail, but it might have been with Megan and Jim and the kids in 2012.

February 2012, Pickles Marie and me


Pickles Marie Tinydog was diagnosed with lymphoma soon after our walk in 2012, and died a few weeks later.  That was a sad time.



That was then (clockwise from Henry): Henry (yellow shirt), Will, Mimsy, Megan, Lisa


This is now:  masks + distance + outside.  Sigh.


On the post I wrote back then, I complained about my poor, worn-out camera and its inability to capture the greens and browns as we see them here.


2012 photo of the waterfall






Today's video and all the photos were taken with my phone--and they are significantly better than the old stuff. 



2021 waterfall

That doesn't stop me contemplating a new camera, because mine was new in 2017, and we all know that I'm hard on cameras--and I don't like to burn up my entire phone battery with photos just in case I wanna, you know, make a phone call.



We didn't have Lisa or Henry with us on the trail today.  Lisa is working as a fashion model in Korea right now, 

image stolen from Lisa's Insta- account


and Henry is in nursing school and working at a local restaurant.


photo stolen from Megan's FB account


The rest of us had a nice walk in the rain.






And, although I still miss the absent ones,



Pickles Marie, one of her best days ever




my companions made today's walk a good one.


Foxie Loxie, rocking the muddy paws.


When I got home, my Facebook "memories" app reminded me of something else that happened on this date:

March 6, 2009 we bought a farm.  Three days later, Will came to live with us.




Thanks for tagging along, all y'all.










Comments

  1. OMG! I wanted to like 👍🏼 and love 💗 and care 💖 every single photo! A wonderful, if soggy, day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had nothing but sun for a month and I"m so sick of it. Minus zero but nonstop sun. What I wouldn't give for overcast. I started keeping my seasonal tracking of "Days Without Sun" and we've had ONE since January. Lucky Seattle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts