In which the weather forecast says "too hot to think" so I don't plan to

It's gonna be hot. 


Too damn hot

Hotter than I can remember, ever, in my entire life.

When did 84 degrees start to sound reasonable?!?!!!



Too hot to think.  Definitely too hot to move.  

I've written about keeping a big dark horse cool, and I plan to employ most of those strategies on myself:  slow down, drink water with ice, take electrolytes.

Usually I'd go hide at a movie theater or a library...but my library is still closed (we open July 7!  which is great news, but not helpful here) and theaters will be crowded.  I know:  I'm vaccinated, I shouldn't worry about crowds.  And mostly, I don't.  But.  Probably not going to a theater.

Instead, I will deploy the Grog:  Haiku Farm's favorite active-cooling device.

Our well is more than 270 feet deep, and the water is COLD.  Feels great on a hot day.


We drag the Grog into the shade, and then fill her up with nice, cold well-water.  

Then, pull up a chair, plunk in our feet, and proceed to be (somewhat) cooler.

What are your keep-cool strategies?  The comment box is open!

UPDATED TO ADD:  air conditioning?  in my house?  it is to laugh...a long, dark, laugh that translates as "why no, we spend 11.5 months of the year accumulating firewood, we do not have air conditioning, except in one of the five vehicles currently parked in the driveway."

And don't think I haven't thought about sleeping in the Honda all night, because I have.



Comments

  1. We just went through a heat wave (with 94% humidity) and J actually thought I'd died while cleaning up poop so he searched the 6 acres for my body. I was on the other side of the house watering newly sprouted grass.

    At the blood drive Monday it was too hot (no AC in public buildings) so I put my water bottle in the freezer to get it cold enough to stay cool for more than a few minutes. A lady told me "Cold water? That's not good for your digestive system!" (Hence no ice cubes in drinks in Germany.)

    Somewhat weather-related: I found a tick on my right shoulder this morning and since I'm not left handed I did my best to get it off with tweezers but all I did was rip it into pieces. So I walked to our good neighbors' house and asked Petra to help me get the rest of it. She failed and told me not to try that again: ) I've got tick parts in me, ew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your boat. Is it sea worthy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mister fans work great in the excruciating heat of vegas. stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts