In which I ask readers a question and the comment box is open

 I've been writing this blog a long time.

Nearly 13 years, to be precise  (the first post went live on December 25, 2008)!


In all that time, I've covered all sorts of "farm" topics: 

2009:  no barn!  not even a garden fence!




 building the gardens,  the barn, the chicken enclosures.  

raising the barn in 2010.


There have been births, 

Maya surprised us with a "secret" clutch of 13 chicks!




and deaths.  

No dog lives forever, but Luna gave it a good try.



There have been large feasts,


We are really good at feasting


and small feasts


Any time there is food and smiling, it counts as a feast



and all kinds of celebrations.


My brother's wedding:  a joyous day



I've taken the blog along on adventures near and far.


The Cross-State Ride on the Palouse-to-Cascades Trail


There was a book!

People are still reading the book--and still buying new copies.



And of course, there have been plenty of adventures with "ears at the bottom."


There are also llamas in this photo



and now...what?


I'm working on a new book idea that will keep my NaNoWriMo time occupied this year.  But it's time to ask readers:


What do you want?  


More food?  More horses?  More parties?  More chickens and goats?  More travel?  More gardening?


The comment box is open.  



Comments

  1. Yes please! All of that. And secret recipes for your beautiful food. And stories. And how do you get your dogs to be so good? 😘 robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please! All of that. And secret recipes for your beautiful food. And stories. And how do you get your dogs to be so good? 😘 robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please -more of all of that. And recipes and how do I you get your dogs to be so good? And more stories 😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I came here for the horse posts but I haven't been disappointed by anything I've read to date. Maybe some timesaving blogs posts reminding us of the existence of older blog posts we might not have read are in order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will say that I always love your horse posts (even if non-endurance may not feel as exciting, it’s exceptionally relatable) but I am here to read whatever you want to write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came here for the horse content and endurance. I like all the farm stuff and adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading for several years, and love all of your posts about camping with horses. As a new endurance rider, I've implemented several of your camping ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading your blog because you remind me to value the simple things that bring us joy: blue skies, trails with good friends or just a good equine friend, turning fresh ingredients into delicious food, gatherings large or small where I feel like I'd be welcome in all my dagginess. More of that please :) (Your recipes are my kind of recipe -ready for whatever is on hand) Thanks for your writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the “glimpse in a life” posts like the video of you bareback in your field with the goats bleeting along, or the cross state adventures, or the occasional recipe, or the puppet creations. Its all fun, and gives me a brief moment of levity. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm especially interested in your home/farm improvements. Since that is an ongoing issue here! Gardening too - omg Aarene you would have laughed so hard. We came back to Germany and there were Zucchinis in my greenhouse. Litte ones like you see in the store, but about 4 of them total. I was shocked and dismayed. J said, "You grew your own Zucchinis for the first time (in Germany)?" I said, "I wasn't here. So what does that say?": )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts