In which we attend a Heavenly endurance ride (and invite YOU!)
|50 miles, not quite 3 months post-surgery. Yes, I am crazy. But happy!|
Okay, so maybe I was actually talking to Patty. But Fiddle has a way of contributing to conversations about really great rides. Imagine that.
Anyhow, as one does, somehow we got to talking about the endurance rides they must hold in Heaven.
And I got to wondering what those rides would be like for all y'all.
So, I figured I'd ask. Here's the gig:
Everybody is dead, and everybody went to Heaven.
As we all come through the gate, Saint Peter hands us the welcome packet with a free water bottle, a coupon for beginning harp lessons, and a ride flyer for the endurance ride to be held in the morning.
Faithful Readers, please share.
* Who will you see when you get to ridecamp?
|Since we're in Heaven, you can meet up with anybody there, living or dead, or even fictional! These flags mark the camp where I want to be.|
* What will the trails be like? Will they remind you of a trail you loved on Earth, or a trail you never got to ride while you were alive? Or both?
|Fiddle chooses: soft footing, plenty of water, blue sky overhead|
* Who is your Heavenly Vet Dream Team?
|Mike Foss is the first ride vet I ever met--and he's on my Vet Dream Team. I also include two other vets who were at Klickitat last weekend: Dr. Jenn and Mike VanZwol.|
* Who will crew for you?
|My Klickitat crew: Crystal, Sirie and Patty. In Heaven, they'll be riding and Jerry Pulju will crew for all of us.|
* Will you ride alone, or do you have a ride partner picked out in Heaven?
|Julie Suhr? Genghis Khan? You can have whoever you want alongside. I choose Santa Jim and Madeline.|
* How far will you ride on your Heavenly ride? 50 miles? 100? Maybe a multi-day?
And of course...
* What horse will you ride?
|You could choose any horse in the world, but I want to ride the Dragon in Heaven.|