In which I attempt to level up my blogger skills: posting by phone

Once again, we woke to sn*w on the ground, and more still falling.

Bahhh

I have places to go today!  But the nasty stuff did (mostly) melt, and I made my escape.

In line for the ferry to Port Townsend

I missed the first boat and parked in the "standby" line for the 2:45 sailing. With more than an hour to wait, there was plenty of time to explore.

After a winter of grey, I welcome this brightness 


A teeny-tiny dragon shadow

The blue sky is so welcome.




Adjacent the ferry terminal: a state historical park.

Well-placed guns guard from invading
photographer thumbs


More of that blue sky stuff. I'm not sick of it.

Gun batteries viewed from the water

On board the MV Salish, this pic is for lytha


Once ashore, I got distracted by a directional sign...


Librarians secretly love and loathe Carnegie buildings. I ran one for 5 years, long ago.


The Pt Townsend library is pretty, and decently useable, which is high praise for a 100-year old concrete building in the Swamp.

Reading room. The teen section of the library is
housed in the tiny space formerly known as the "women's reading room."


Here's the reason (excuse) for my journey: an Endurance 101 presentation for the Buckhorn Range chapter of the Backcountry Horse men people. Theresa is their Prez, and my host--and the former director of the Pt Townsend library!


The BCH folk are lovely and made me feel so welcome. A few even bought books! It looks like some of them will also be doing the X-State ride this year.

On the way home, I got distracted again.

Tethered outside a hardware-and-whatnot store in PT


Another beautiful day on the Salish?


Fine with me!



Off-loaded from the ferry onto Whidbey Island, I got distracted again.


The "wild" deer near the conference center are NOT wild at all. 


Home at last. And the next morning on the trail:



Blue sky above, bahhh underfoot. But a good ride with Darlene and Lola anyhow!

So, I composed this entire post on my phone, as prep for maybe writing posts from the trail of the X-State ride this Spring.

Here's what I learned:
*  The screen is tiny, and my eyes are old. MUST have my reading glasses!

*  The phone responds slower than the computer. Patience will be needed.

*  Low bars (which I will def have on the trail!) makes the phone respond even slower. Patience, grasshopper.

*  Low bars/slow response time also sucks battery. Bring extra battery packs, and keep them charged up!

In general, composing blog posts on the phone is doable, but kind of a PITA. I'm gonna keep experimenting to see if it gets easier.  Stay tuned!


Comments

  1. Wordpress recently forced through an impossible change called "blocks" or something. It made me angry enough about blogging I almost wanted to quit - the formatting was IMPOSSIBLE! I downloaded "Classic Editor" as a plugin and it made things infinitely more simple.

    My favorite way to do things is to type it out via computer, and then add the photos by phone later on. It seems to be the most streamlined way of handling things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts