In which the barn is mostly done, plus it's mushroom time here in the Swamp

 If it hadn't been for work disruptions due to the pandemic, we probably wouldn't have finished the paint and cosmetic repairs in 2020.


Jim and I took advantage of a clear day to install the purple trim at the south end



The painting was, truthfully, mostly my job.  Since I work from home two days each week now, getting a few sections painted each morning was actually possible.  In the  Before Times, I was spending those hours on the road, sitting in traffic.


We've used greenhouse-plastic to fill the triangular spaces up until now.  I like having
the extra light, but having boards there will keep more rain out.


Although painting could be done by one person, installing these triangular bits took four hands (sometimes five).  


We had to pull up the drip edging from the roof and fit the purple boards up underneath, 
then screw the whole thing back together.




I love the color.




Most of the year (in the Before Times) I would only see my horse in the dark.
It's kinda nice to see her in daylight in October!



This was supposed to be a photo to show off the light-purple stall door.
The Dragon decided that it also needed to show off the place where cookies go.



In other news, our temps are still a bit above freezing, and we've gotten heaps of rain...which means, the mushrooms are plentiful.



Masks were removed for the photo, and then put back on again. 
We call these our "trick or treat" bags.



Du wanted a recipe for lobster-mushroom chowder.  Y'all know how I do recipes...but I figure that the clams in THE RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG POST could easily be replaced or supplemented by lobster mushrooms...or maybe lobster mushrooms + smoked salmon?  

MmmmMMmmm.  Now, I'm hungry.   






Comments

  1. Your barn is GLORIOUS colors, I love it! It is happiness to go into the barn anyway, you've made it extra awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts