In which we attend the local music festival and still work some

We declared today a holiday, and dressed up in our fanciest sunscreen so we could spend the day at a local music festival.

There was sunshine. There were artists.

There was music.

There was dancing.
There was cool ethnic food from all over the world, and lots of friendly dogs hoping to help people eat the food.



And there was even more dancing. Oh, yes. Lots of dancing.

Arriving home, Jim and I discovered that, while sitting on the back deck with a bottle of beer and fat book is very pleasant, we are completely incapable of looking out at the farm chores that need to be done without doing some of them!
So, we loaded up a bunch of tools (and a couple of helpful dogs) and headed down into the pasture to finish off all the post-planting we did yesterday.

Jim's favorite tool is the McLeod, which can be used for scraping dirt, plants, or whatever....
...and also for tamping down loose material.

When we finished all this--well, just imagine! There was a half-finished beer sitting beside my chair, just waiting for me.

Life is good.

Comments

  1. I love a good music/crafts festival. I've been avoiding them lately because I get too tempted to spend money I don't have for stuff I don't need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely! I saw plenty of shiny objects, but managed to buy only some very excellent chicken barbeque and a $5 scarf to accessorize my favorite hat.

    Since they don't sell t-post caps or fiberglass fence posts at these fairs, it's pretty easy to remember that they aren't selling anything that I actually NEED...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fair. What fun!

    Life is good...indeed!
    I'm glad you had a great time.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts