Tuesday, August 4, 2009

in which I have discovered a cool blog about my favorite breed!


I do go on (and on, and on) about Standardbreds.

Please understand that I was raised in mostly-Quarter-Horse country, and spend a lot of time in a mostly-Arab-sport, with a few forays into mostly-Warmbloodland.

Except for a few jaunts to Standardbred Playday events in Canada, I am almost always riding the only pacer in town.

Now I've discovered this blog about Standardbreds : celebrating the breed, retraining pacers to a second (or third!) career, and all kinds of other cool stuff about my favorite big-headed mostly-brown horses. So, off I go, to read more about my favorite breed. Maybe I'll see you there!

p.s. the nifty photo at the top of this post is actually Fiddle and me at a standardbreds-only event last year. I know, it's hard to recognize us without our signature purple color. If you want to try messing around with some of your own photos, check out this site!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! Standardbred power! :) I knew a brown Standardbred in my sister's neighbhorhood. I think he had a bad injury and had to be put down recently. :( He had a really handsome face. I did a blog post about him a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a standardbred track in BC and there are always so many for sale or free online, it is so sad. I "had" (free leased) one named Alphie...he was a doll. They can have such great bone and feet and good minds...excellent trail horses, good size and strength! Great horses that are sadly under valued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so enjoyed your blog. Please accept this "I Love Your Blog" award! To pick it up, stop by http://babayagasmirror.blogspot.com/2009/08/thank-you-for-i-love-this-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog via One Red Horse. Loved browsing and reading your poems. I will have a go at the 'Where I'm from' later. I'll be back definitely!

    ReplyDelete

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.