In which my little brother gathers the clans for a celebration

I guess most people get dressed up more than once or twice a year--
like for church and concerts and stuff?

Of course Santa and my parents are adept at dressing like adults,
but it sometimes stretches my skill set.


Somehow, I am almost always able to avoid the whole "dress up" thing, with a few notable exceptions, like the annual PNER Convention.

Will cleans up pretty nicely too!

However, there was a fancy dress-up occasion last weekend 

These people seem quite happy about something.


and I had no desire to miss it:

My little brother got married!

Introducing Mrs. Alison and Mr. Randy Storms

It was like a party and a family reunion and a feast all in one place.


Aunties and uncles and cousins and friends and everyone else,  all in one photo!
Plus: dancing!  I love dancing.


Sweet romantic dancing quickly gave way to
rowdy rambunctious dancing

My dad toasts the newlyweds.  He didn't even cry much.
(my dad cries at everything.  so do I.)

I have known many of the people in this photo my entire life--
and I haven't seen some of them for more than 20 years!



Randy's daughters Lexi and Cassidy decorated the getaway Beetle, "Dieter".


Alison gave the bouquet a mighty toss, and Cassidy caught it!

Jim and I had to leave before the newlyweds departed, but I left them a sweet little gift on the driver's seat of Dieter:

Nothing like a zucchini bombing to start
a married life out on the right foot.

Felicitations, live long and prosper, Randy and Alison!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In which we are all on borrowed time, and Puzzle stays another day

In which Foxie Loxie is a weird little dog, and he gets a grip

In which NaNoWriMo continues and there's a small clue here somewhere