In which the Cross-State Ride is almost done, and here are some photographs

 I'm at the point in this adventure where I run low on words.

 If you haven't been stalking on Facebook, I can only assure you that I WILL write a long post (or more than one post) to summarize all that has happened.

But for now, all I can say is, "it's so much fun, and so beautiful, and so difficult. And so worthwhile."

Here are some pix:

On the trail between Pine City and Malden

These yellow roses grow wild beside the trail 

The tiny library in Malden plans their annual used book sale/fundraiser to coincide with the ride, because our riders are READERS!

My parents came to visit camp. Mom pronounced my little bed "completely comfortable "

Celebrating Jerri's birthday

A "variety show" among the riders--fiddling, poetry, storytelling, and stupid pet tricks.

It rained. Like, a lot.

Sunrise in camp

On the trail to Rosalia

 Tomorrow will be a long day: we ride in the "Battle Days" parade here in Rosalia, and then trek 22 miles by trail to our last camp in Tekoa.

Nearly there!

Comments

  1. This is so incredible and I look forward to hearing ALL about it in the future. In the meantime, I'm loving these flyby updates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts