In which it was a good news-bad news-good news-bad news kind of Tuesday

This post has no photos.  It also has no cuss words.
You'll just have to use your imagination.

The truck was at the transmission shop for a tranny flush before we leave on the Cross-State Ride in two days.  But the mechanic opened her up and said "Uh oh."

You never want a mechanic to say "uh-oh."  

The Bad News:  The transmission needs work.  Maybe a lot of work.

The Good News: I bought an extended warranty for this truck, and it will cover most of the repair cost!

The Bad News:  The work might take a week.  We are supposed to leave on Thursday.

The Good News:  Darlene will let Fiddle and me carpool in her rig!

The Bad News: Darlene's rig will never be able to negotiate our driveway.

The Good News:  Darlene's rig can easily negotiate the driveway at Fish Creek.

The Bad News:  Fiddle is at home, not at Fish Creek--and my truck cannot haul her there because it's in pieces at the transmission shop.

The Good News:  I can borrow Duana's truck!

So the (new) plan is this:  
I went to the transmission shop last night to get all my stuff out of the truck (because I carefully packed it up on Sunday so I would be ready to go), and crammed it into my Honda.

(I can cram a lot of stuff into the Honda.)

I will pick up Du's truck tonight.  I will take her truck to our house, hook it to my trailer, take everything out of the Honda and load it into Du's truck.

Then, at 8am tomorrow morning, Darlene and I will meet up at Fish Creek and load everything from Duana's truck and my trailer (including the Dragon!) into Darlene's rig.

And off we go!

When my truck gets fixed, Jim will bring it to me and get a ride home with Monica...or Will...or...

...did you know there are no Ubers in FreakingNowhere, Washington State?  It's true.


Comments

  1. you have good friends; )
    did you know there are no ubers in germany? they're illegal cuz driving as a job requires a special permit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts