In which stupid songs end up mashed in my head during rainy-day rides

As I trot my horse down the trail for hours on end, my brain casts around wildly for entertainment.
My family will not be surprised to hear that the result is often a de-composed song or two. 
 Some of my decompositions are brilliant

Most are a little warped.  

The latest is a mash-up inspired by Patty, who calls my mare "Little Bunny Foo-Foo," as a compliment (surely it is a compliment?) to her ears and attitude.   In fact, this song is pretty much entirely Patty's fault.
I apologize in advance to my 1st grade teacher at Columbia Elementary School, Mrs. Holden.  She taught me how to do it correctly, and all I've ever done was twist it around and try to break it.

For best results, sing this out loud, and do the hand motions while on a trotting horse in the pouring rain.

Little Bunny Foo-Foo
Hopping through the forest
Down came the rain, and washed the bunny out
Out came the sun, and bopped her on the head
And the Little Bunny Foo-Foo went up the trail again!

I did warn you. 

Comments

  1. I hereby love this song.

    During our road-trip to California last week, we did a veritable lot of driving. On the day after almost 12 hours on Highway 101 in the rain, I got to drive about an hour and a half each way on winding mountain roads in beautiful sunshine, in order to interview for a library job at the tribal branch in Hoopa, CA. That evening, we left again and drove about another four hours. I decomposed a little song--not sure where the tune came from:

    I drove and drove and drove,
    and then I drove some more
    And then I lost my mind!

    I drove and drove and drove,
    my brains went out the door,
    they're very hard to find!

    That is all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...I think that you need to work on that one a bit.




    Word verification: gingsly.

    Little Bunny Foo Foo troting gingsly down the trail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sing to Jaz all the time. Mostly Lyle Lovett. He hasn't dumped me yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am too distracted by the gorgeous Arabian to pay any attention to silliness. May I have him, please? (<-- I did use the magic word, afterall.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BECKY: I'm pretty sure that both of those Arabs are "spoken fer." But I'll tell Patty that you said please.

    ALL Y'ALL : my head is always crowded with stuff like this. It's a miracle that I can perform normal tasks like finding the truck keys...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have Little Bunny Foo Foo stuck in my head.
    Could be much worse! (An ad jingle comes to mind)

    This cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts