In which this isn't the promised "lemonade" post; instead, it's a song

I'm still writing the "lemonade" thing.  Fiddle is fine, and the strawberry-lemonade thing is long gone.  


Fortunately for me, I'm a writer:  every experience is just a new chapter for the book (or the blog, as soon as I finish the rest of the research I want to include in that post!).


Meantime....




Danny and Monica at Home on the Range
(before all the "fun")
Monica wrote an excellent account of Danny and Galen's Great Escape on her blog...and she mentioned that the Dragon and I assisted a bit before meandering off to warm up for our ride and compose a new song.


So, here's the song.  I understand that by decomposing tunes recorded by the Electric Light Orchestra, I am revealing my surprisingly-advanced elderly-ness AND the extreme depth of my music-geekiness.  I'm good with that.   


If you are too young or too hip to remember the original Jeff Lynne/ELO song, you can remedy your ignorance HERE.



Hold on Tight to Your Lead(rope) -  a song for the Tekes
with apologies to Jeff Lynne and the Electric Light Orchestra

Hold on tight to your lead
Hey, hold on tight to your lead
When you see your fenceline is breakin'
When your pony starts to forsakin’ 
Hold on tight to your lead

It's a long time to be gone
Oh, time just rolls on and on
When you need a grain can to rattle
When you get surrounded by cattle
Hold on tight to your lead

When your horse gets loose and runs far from your truck
And you want so much but you're all out of luck
When you're so downhearted and misunderstood
Just over and over and over you could, oh

Accroches-toi a ton corde
Accroches-toi a ton corde
Quand tu vois ton cheval partir
Quand tu sents ton clôture se briser
Accroches-toi a ton corde


Hold on tight to your lead
Hey hold on tight to your lead, yeah
When you see the shadows fallin'
When you hear that cold wind callin'
Hold on tight to your lead!

Comments

  1. I put your link up, and sang along with YOUR words... Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, what a way to be famous, er, infamous. I was singing along too!Now, time to go investigate what portable corrals are on the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In ancient Ireland, great care was taken to flatter and make happy the bard, or suffer the eternal infamy of a song.

      Somethings are eternal.... >g<

      Delete
    2. Should we bring offerings to the bard to Grizzly? I know what you like!

      Delete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts