In which there is blue sky and some unusual winged folks on horses

Fairies! (and a DragonFly)
 It was the kind of bright, warm, spring day that brings all the winged things up out of the ground and into the sunshine!
Any resemblance to the Bad Idea Fairy is purely coincidental.
Well.  Mostly coincidental.

Theoretically, the wings provide LIFT!
 Swampland Fairies enjoy sunshine as much as the floaty, fluffy kind of fairy. 

This should not surprise you.


On a day like today, you could easily fly all the way to Canada!

The Dragonfly



 Everybody enjoys a bright, sunny day in the Swamp! 


Take a good long look, Fee.  We won't be back here for a while.
This is the last chance we'll have to ride before Fee's spay surgery. I'm so glad it was a blue sky day.  

I'll be able to ride Hana while Fiddle is recovering, and Patty's young horse Rocky needs some practice on trails, so I won't be grounded for a month.  But now that I've gotten used to flying Dragon Airlines, nothing else is ever quite the same.

Comments

  1. Who ARE these people on midget horses who mount from the ground? It's like Trick Riding 101 or something. ;)

    Glad you got a great ride in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get on Fee from the ground...err, when she stretches her front legs wa-a-a-a-a-y out. Which she is learning to do by cue, eventually on command (I hope).

      Otherwise, there's pretty much always a stump handy!

      Delete
  2. Good god I need to ride with you people...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you got a nice ride in on a sunny day. I hope that Fee's surgery and recovery go well for you both.

    I just have one question - the other two ladies had lovely coloured bridles to match their tack... Is there some purple on your bridle/breastplate? I couldn't tell from the pictures... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fee's bridle is black/purple beta biothane. Her reins and breastcollar are purple beta biothane. Her saddle blanket, the saddle seat, and just about everything else I can reach is purple.

      Scary, I know. American Trail Gear loves me...

      Delete
    2. I'm glad to hear that your bridle has purple as well! :-)

      Delete
  4. Good wishes to Fee--and you--for a very smooth surgery and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was laughing so hard! If some poor unsuspecting BCH rider had come along - they would have had a stroke! :-) You could do a movie - "Swampland Fairy Riders"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...Patty's horse Shade was a little dubious. I admit that I never gave it a thought, the first time I strapped on wings and climbed aboard. Team Sensible is not bothered by wings!

      Delete
  6. Thanks, I needed that. Best wishes to the Dragon Lady for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What Dom said. How does tomorrow look?
    Or five pm today?
    Or five minutes from now?
    You are coming too, aren't you, Dom?
    I'll bring the cake.
    :)
    Here's to a quick and easy recovery, after which you'll be flying dragon airlines in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake sounds good. How about a "welcome back to work" cake, around the first week of June? That's my hope...

      Delete
  8. My wishes go out to you and your mare. May she have a quick and speedy recovery. Hopefully she will behave herself in the recovery process and not make a fool of herself!!!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes, Barbara. Fee can (mostly) be trusted to be Sensible...let's hope she remembers that!

      Delete
    2. HEHEHEHEHE, I bet she will be a perfect lady and respect that she needs to heal.

      Delete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts