In which there is even more fence building, and it is very pretty.
See? The lumber pile fluffed up considerably once we got it unloaded. Now we've just got to figure out how to make this stack into a barn....
I worked on the perimeter fencing for the dogs today. I got an amazing deal on chicken wire (hooray for Craigslist) from a guy who was selling off wire left over from a stucco project (there's chicken wire in stucco? who knew?), and instead of spending $27 at the hardware store for 30 feet of the stuff, I paid $100 for 450 feet of better-quality wire. Now I have plenty of chicken wire for dog fencing AND for actually building a pen for chickens!
ALSO, I found (buried under a weird stack of lumber behind one of the outbuildings) 25 more Very Tall t-posts, perfect for our pasture fence. We'll start pounding horse-fencing posts this week.
I have discovered that there's no such thing as too many fence posts on a farm.
Meanwhile, Jim and Willy dug post holes. We will definitely rent a gas-powered auger for the pasture fence posts, now that we know how many ROCKS are providing the excellent drainage under our pasture soil. These are the holes for our new 14-foot front gate, which will finish the "doggie safe" perimeter fence!