In which we are packing for camp, and Chicken Number Twelve learns a trick

We're getting everything packed and ready to go for an early-Saturday-morning departure for the Renegade Rendezvous ridecamp, so I haven't written much (except a few posts that were supposed to be on "delay release" but Blogger was being stupid...stay tuned to see if I actually got it to work...I'm still not sure...).

Anyhow, between cleaning/mending/replacing equipment that we'll need and getting it all crammed into the various corners of the rig, there hasn't been much time for taking pictures and writing, but I promise that I'll write at least one more post before we leave into the non-electronic wilderness.

Meanwhile, amuse yourselves with some photos of Chicken Twelve. Twelve is still running wild in the yard, and has eluded all our local predators for nearly a month. We're slightly amazed, but willing to encourage her eccentricities...obviously.

The dogs merely wonder if the chicken is going to get all the good treats, ...and not leave any for them. Probably.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness- Chickens like ice cream????

    That isn't a Schwann's nut sundae cone is it? Mmmmm, that makes me hungry!

    I hope to be able to make it to Renegade, I hear its a great ride!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! What a cool set-up. YOur hottub is right beside the grill. You don't even have to get out of the water to eat dinner. Now all you need is the cooler full of beer and wine right beside it, and you're all set for a great time. (giggle)

    Love the photos. There is just something so adorable about a big strong guy sharing his ice cream with a chicken. I love it!

    You're going to have so much fun this weekend!
    I'm going with Apache to our first ever horse camping trip in about a week. I'm so excited! I've always wanted to do this. :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chickens crack me up. I don't think I mentioned, but the lady who boards Dixie for me has a nine year old bantam hen. NINE! She is mostly blind and only has one toe left on each foot, but she loves to hang out with her people and dogs. Has a fit if M leaves the backyard without carrying her. I hope Twelve lives to such a remarkable age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been big on birds of any kind, but between you and Lisa I am starting to appreciate the personalities of chickens a little more with each post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts